COVID-19 Safety Protocols
As B.C. is currently experiencing an increase in COVID-19 cases, even during Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan, New Life Management Services Inc. continues to adhere to proper health and safety procedures required by the Province and WorkSafe BC. With the recent news updates of increased cases, our office will be maintaining proper health and safety protocols until further notice.
As noted by WorkSafe BC, we are required to have a COVID-19 safety plan to assess the risk of exposure at our office, this includes on-site offices for Coordinators and has been posted and made visible at our worksites.
New Life Management Head Office
As COVID-19 continues to affect our lives and businesses, New Life Management Services Inc. is taking steps to minimize exposure and contain the spread of this virus.
- We are doing daily wipe-downs of all surfaces that our employee come in contact with and increasing the frequency of office cleaning.
- We have provided all of our coordinators with sanitizing supplies for those working on-site behind closed doors.
- We do a thorough hand cleaning before entering, and another upon exit.
- We are mandating social distancing, and have cancelled all of our marketing events.
- All internal meetings have been moved to via phone or teleconferencing.
- And have increased our screening protocols when scheduling of employees and vendors for maintenance services
Coordinator will have closed office hours when working onsite at a client office. To ensure the health and safety of our clients, members and Coordinators, please note that during this time, your Coordinator is encouraged to wear protective gear, such as gloves and masks to minimize the spread of germs.
- Members are requested to schedule an appointment with the Coordinator in advance. Coordinators will have their office doors closed and will only be meeting with members who have scheduled an appointment.
- Coordinators and members must meet in an area allowing for physical distancing. Coordinators and members are requested to NOT meet inside Co-op offices, if physical distancing is not possible or protective barriers are not available.
- New Life Management will supply a protective barrier for Coordinators working onsite at Co-op offices, when possible.
- Coordinators will need to ensure they sanitize and clean their working area before and after their work. Coordinators will be provided with sanitizing solution.
- Coordinators are requested to pick up Co-op mail to minimize the number of hands handling mail.
Employees's Health and Safety
We expect all new life employees to strictly adhere to all recommended safety protocols, if you notice any discrepancies, please contact us with your concerns via email at email@example.com or call 604-274-8743 .
- All team members are provided with hand sanitizer solution and alcohol spray.
- All team members will continue to work in their own designated offices and to use Zoom or conference calls to conduct meetings. Internal meetings can be held in an open area such as the conference room with physical distancing in place.
- All team members are requested to limit vendor meeting and interactions, when possible.
- All team members are responsible for sanitizing their own work laptops, phones, desk, etc.
- NLM Office cleaning will continue to happen twice a week.
- Door handles will be sanitized frequently by Head Office.
- The front lobby is the office’s designated sanitizing station. Team members can sanitize mail in this area.
For health and safety during COVID-19, our maintenance personnel will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) when working inside members' units. In light of the health emergency that COVID-19 poses, to ensure health and safety for all Co-op members and NLM staff, maintenance services will be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date, if any member residing in the unit does not feel well.
Due to the health emergency that COVID-19 poses, a new protocol has been enacted to facilitate the safety of both you the Member, and our maintenance personnel. Now, prior to scheduling any maintenance or electrical appointments, we are required to ask the following questions:
- Has any resident of your unit recently traveled, either inside or outside Canada?
- Has any resident of your unit been in contact with anyone who has recently traveled, either inside or outside Canada?
- Is any resident of your unit currently self-isolating?
- Has any resident of your unit been in contact with anyone who is, or was about to, self-isolate?
- Does any resident of your unit currently have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, lethargy, general aches/pains or difficulty breathing?
- Has any resident of your unit been in contact with anyone who has the following symptoms: fever, chills, lethargy, general aches/pains, or difficulty breathing?
- Has any resident of your unit recently visited a Seniors' Care Home, Long Term Care Home, or Hospital in the Lower Mainland?
- Have you had any visitors from a Seniors' Care Home, Long Term Care Home, or Hospital in the Lower Mainland?
As a result of continuing operations, we are in your clients’ homes. Our process is to ensure that members are comfortable having us in their home, and we are practicing social distancing. We do a thorough hand cleaning before entering, and another upon exit. We understand that our list of questions may make some individuals un-comfortable, but please note that their responses will be kept under strict confidentiality.
For health and safety during COVID-19, the inspector will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) when conducting the unit inspections. In light of the health emergency that COVID-19 poses, to ensure health and safety for all Co-op members and NLM staff, unit inspections will be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date, if any member residing in the unit does not feel well.
Please contact New Life Management Services Inc. if you or any resident residing in your unit is not feeling well for rescheduling of unit inspection and potentially seek medical guidance if needed. Feeling unwell may include developing signs of respiratory illness, such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath.
To minimize the risk of exposure, we ask that members who have traveled for business or personal reasons to/transited destinations where COVID-19 is present, or have been in close contact with someone who has traveled/transited through these destinations or have been in close contact to a suspected/diagnosed COVID-19 are required to self-quarantine for 14 days and seek medical evaluation/guidance for fever, cough or respiratory symptoms. Close contact is defined as living with or being with a family member or friend for extended periods of time and includes sharing meals, drinks and close personal space (3-6 feet).
New Life Management Services Inc. is adhering to strict COVID-19 safety protocols, for those who have expressed concerns regarding their health or development of cold/flu like symptoms, their unit
We are all in this together
We hope that this information provides you with the peace of mind that we are take our social-responsibility very seriously and have implemented key measures in order to protect our employees, clients, and communities, as a whole.
New Life Management Services Team